Based on input from our race director, volunteers, officials and staff, the Candelas Race scheduled for Sunday, April 15 has been postponed indefinitely due to the forecasted snow/rain/wind storm. We are working to reschedule the event. Pre-registered riders be refunded 100% of entry fees electronically within the next two business day.
The forecasted snowstorm sounds very likely, and we do not want to wait until 6 am on raceday to make a decision. With this announcement, our athletes can better plan the weekend, and make the most of the Federal Center Circuit Race or the USAF Front Range Classic.
And yes, in Belgium, those pros would probably still race on Sunday. Flights to Belgium are still available on most major airlines - but please check with the Belgian Cycling Federation about entry to those events before making your travel plans.
SNOW WILL BECOME WIDESPREAD OVER THE MOUNTAINS LATER SATURDAY AND CONTINUE INTO SUNDAY EVENING. PERIODS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW ARE POSSIBLE WITH ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 18 INCHES. THIS SAME STORM WITH BRING SNOW TO THE FOOTHILLS AND PALMER RIDGE...A RAIN-SNOW MIX TO THE WESTERN PLAINS...AND RAIN TO THE EASTERN BORDER AREAS. THE STORM WILL MOVE OUT BY SUNDAY NIGHT. THERE WILL BE A CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE MOUNTAINS MONDAY INTO TUESDAY EVENING WITH NORTHWESTERLY FLOW ALOFT. THE MOUNTAINS WILL BE DRY WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY. THE PLAINS WILL BE DRY MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY. TEMPERATURES WILL BE BELOW SEASONAL NORMALS SATURDAY THROUGH MONDAY.