Colorado Cycling has a financial support program for Junior and U23 cycling athletes needing assistance to help with program fees, travel costs, equipment upgrades or race entry fees. Support is limited to our highest performing athletes and may be additionally increased if there is a demonstrated financial need. Applicants are required to volunteer at Colorado cycling events to qualify.
Applications for financial support should be submitted at least one month before the funds are needed. This is to allow all requests to be reviewed together; late requests may be denied or reduced due to lack of funding.
Applicants are required to volunteer at Colorado Cycling events to qualify for this assistance. Volunteering at the weekly Karen Hornbostel Memorial time trial at Cherry Creek state park is a great way to fulfill this requirement. Sign up here https://khmtt.com/volunteer-request/
Athletes should submit their application as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org include the following
- Name, age, email, address, phone number
- What assistance are you requesting?
- Any documentation that supports your request (invitation letters, etc)
- What are your cycling goals both for this year and for the long term?
- Why is this event or expense important for your continuing development?
- What are your goals for this trip or expense?
- Is there anything else you'd like to add?
If asking for additional funding due to financial hardship, please also include the following
- Self or parents Adjusted Gross Income for the most recent year
- Number of people in household
High performance scholarship - $500
- Must be a Licensed Colorado Cycling member
- Must have raced at least 3 Colorado cycling races in the last calendar year in the discipline they are asking for a scholarship in
- Previous or current national team member
- Applicant is required to have volunteered at at least one Colorado Cycling race of their choosing during the season to be eligible
This can be increased per board vote up to $1,000 in the case of demonstrated financial hardship or for high performers eg: a national medalist.
Promising rider scholarship - $250
For promising riders under 25 years of age to fund equipment upgrades or travel to International races, national championships or national level events.
- Cat 1 or 2 only for adults. Cat 3 level and above for Juniors.
- Must be a state champion in their discipline (top 3 for u23 and Junior) or prior national medallist
- Must be a licensed Colorado Cycling member and have competed in at least 5 Colorado Cycling races this season in their chosen discipline
- Applicant is required to have volunteered at at two Colorado Cycling races of their choosing during the season to be eligible
This can be increased per board vote up to $500 in the case of demonstrated financial hardship.